This page is dedicated to providing detailed information regarding the horse training fees and services offered by a Gray Day Training, along with a general description of the various horse training and horsemanship lesson options.
Option A (Onsite Horse Training at Your facility)
Option B (Beginning Horsemanship Lessons)
Option C (Horse Training and temporary Boarding at my facility)
Option A: Onsite Training for Horse or Horse & Owner at your Facility
Hourly Horse Training Fees and Options:
- Signed Contract
- Proper attire & equipment
- Owner Supplied Horse
- Minimum Training “round” Pen at around 30+ feet per side
- Pen does Not have to be a perfect circle or square
- Maximum size is around 60 feet per side
- Reasonably Secure fencing
- A two (2) hour minimum is required for travel to sites located more then 60 miles from map location
- Travel area for horse training includes Southwestern Pennsylvania (PA), Eastern Ohio (OH) and Northern West Virginia (WV)
- Horse Training Lessons - $40 per hour ($10 per 15 minutes)
- Potential mileage charge please visit Travel page for possible trip charges
- Hourly lesson- Horse training program varies depending on the Owner’s needs and requirements
- Training Program Options include but are not limited to:
- Learning to speak Horse
- Round Pen training
- Foundation Building
- Ground Manners – Problems with Crowding, Rearing, Kicking, Striking, etc.
- Respect – Defining Humans as Herd Leader or Alpha, to include “My Space” and “Your Space”
- Correcting Bad Habits – Refusal to: Stand, Tie, Lead, Saddle, Bridle, Mount, Load, etc.
- Horse safety
- Other horse related information
Also included as needed ~
Basic or Beginning Horsemanship Lessons – Include but are not limited to
- Assess and approach a horse.
- Catch and Halter a horse.
- Lead and Tie a horse.
- Groom and Pick up a horse’s feet.
- Saddle and Bridle a Horse.
- Mount and Dismount a Horse.
- Horseback Riding lessons
- Other activities that are a part of a typical life interacting with horses.
- Owner is encouraged to observe, learn and participate in the ordinary Training process.
- Handling Advice –instruction on the cues used to maintain Horse Training
- During a lesson Trainer may have a Gray Day Training horse participate so Owner can experience and observe other types of behavior and situations
- Racehorse Retraining & Rehabilitation
- Wild Mustang Training & Rehabilitation
- Starting Young Horses
It is up to owner to schedule their sessions with trainer. If rider defaults in keeping that schedule without making other arrangements at least 24 hours in advance then Rider forfeits that session time while still being charged for the session. - On-site $25 Fee per occurrence - Off-site $50 Fee per occurrence + applicable mileage charges.
Additional Training Options & Fees:
Rider/Owner is responsible for providing the tools recommended by trainer.
Use of a Gray Day Training horses $10 per requested session