Option A (Horse Training onsite at Your Facility)
Option B (Beginning Horsemanship Lessons)
Option C (Full Service Training and Boarding)
Option A: Training for Horse or Horse & Owner onsite at your Facility
Hourly Horse Training Sessions:
- Signed Contract
- Proper attire & equipment
- Owner Supplied Horse
- Minimum Training Pen at around 30+ feet per side
- Pen does Not have to be a perfect circle or square
- Maximum size is around 75 feet per side
- Reasonably Secure fencing
- Reasonable Footing Surface (sand, dirt, grass)
- A two (2) hour minimum is required for travel to sites located more then 60 miles from our facility
- Please click here for trip charges and rates
- Private Lessons - $20 per hour
- Private Lessons - $40 per hour
- Potential mileage charge see Hauling for possible trip charges.
- Hourly lesson- TRAINING program varies depending on the Owner’s needs and requirements.
- Training Program Options include but are not limited to:
- Learning to speak Horse
- Round Penning and free lounging
- Foundation Building
- Ground Manners – Problems with Crowding, Rearing, Kicking, Striking, etc.
- Respect – Defining Humans as Herd Leader or Alpha, to include “My Space” and “Your Space”
- Correcting Bad Habits – Refusal to: Stand, Tie, Lead, Saddle, Bridle, Mount, Load, etc.
- Owner is encouraged to observe, learn and participate in the ordinary Training process.
- Handling Advice –instruction on the cues used to maintain Training
- During a lesson Trainer may have another Horse participate so Owner can experience and observe other types of behavior and situations
- Racehorse Retraining & Rehabilitation
- Wild Mustang Training & Rehabilitation
- Starting Young Horses
Basic Horsemanship – Includes but is not limited to
- Assess and approach a horse.
- Catch and Halter a horse.
- Lead and Tie a horse.
- Groom and Pick up a horse’s feet.
- Saddle and Bridle a Horse.
- Mount and Dismount a Horse.
- Ride and Control a horse using Western Riding Methods.
- Other activities that are a part of a typical life interacting with horses.
It is up to RIDER to schedule their sessions with TRAINER. If RIDER defaults in keeping that schedule without making other arrangements at least 24 hours in advance then RIDER forfeits that session time while still being charged for the session. - On-site $25 Fee per occurrence - Off-site $50 Fee per occurrence + applicable mileage charges.
Additional Training Options & Fees:
OWNER is responsible for providing the tools recommended by trainer.
Use of a Gray Day Training horses $10 per requested session